H&M are celebrating their current Autumn/Winter collection with a new campaign all about finding things to fall in love with as we head into the new season. #HMFallInLove. http://www.hm.com/gb/fall-in-love With the campaign focusing on love I have decided that its the perfect time to take some time to think of some reasons to fall in love with myself this A/W. Its not often that you actually take time out of your life to really give yourself some well deserved 'me' time. This is something that has become really apparent to me in recent weeks as I find I spend most of my time trying to please others and loosing sight of what actually make me happy. The world we live in today is based so much on how we look, or how far along we are with our careers/lives that sometimes we all need to take a step back to really appreciate ourselves. This is something I am really focusing on this fall and I think you guys should do it with me.
I have spent some time thinking about ways I plan to 'fall in love with myself this fall' and I hope they can help all of you, if like me you may be needing some help heading into the new season:
1. Stop comparing yourself to others. There will always only be one of you and it is important to be the best version of yourself that you can be. Focus that time and energy you spend wishing for things you don't have on enjoying the things you do have.
2. Spend more time doing the things you love. I for one know I spend way too much time working so I plan on seeing my friends more, lunch dates with people who actually add to your life (none of this fake friend business please!), no one likes a Debbie Downer and lets face it, retail therapy is a must! A new Autumn/Winter wardrobe is in order after all!
3. You know that thing you have been wanting to do for so long but have been putting off? I know you know what I'm on about, we all have something! Well, go out and do it. You never know where it will take you.
4.Give yourself some pamper time. It surprising what a long bath, a face mask and a good fake tanning sesh can do for your confidence. Plus its heading into winter which means it is definitely more acceptable to take even longer baths. Hey, why not even throw in a bath bomb or some scented candles, you deserve it!
5. Travel more. Don't worry I know what you are thinking, I don't mean get on the next plane to the Bahamas (as much as we would all like to). I mean go and do things in your local city or area that you have been wanting to do or see.
6. Complement others more. I know this may sound silly but its amazing how making others feel good can also make you feel amazing. I personally know I don't do this enough and it something I plan on changing. Especially considering how many girls are killing it right now!
7. Spend more time with your family. This is something I have learnt in recent months, as if someone had told me to do this 2 years ago I would have laughed. However they really are the best people to make you feel good about yourself. Especially your mum. I don't know about you guys but she really is my number 1 fan and I can always rely on her to make me feel amazing.
8. Say no. I used to be such a push over but I have decided its time to take control of my life and stop saying yes to things that I actually don't want to do just because I felt bad saying no.
9. Forgive yourself. We have all done things in the past that we regret but don't hold onto them. Accept it happened and move on, its amazing how much better you will feel.
10. Be YOU. I think you will find its pretty great.
As part of the new #HMFallInLove campaign H&M are giving one of you the chance to win a £50 gift card to spend, all you have to do is tweet or instagram (with the hashtag) how you plan on 'falling in love with fall'. Don't forget to @ me in your entries, I would love to see :)
This post is sponsored by H&M but all views and opinions are my own.